Monday, December 28, 2009

Charming Opal (Children's Book)


Armed with a simple and unassuming narrative (the familiar story of losing one's tooth) and, her ever-reliable and fantastic brush strokes, Hobbie easily brought little Opal right from Woodcock Pocket and straight to my heart for Opal is, indeed, Charming.

Of the many Toot and Puddle books that I've read (and the three that I own), perhaps this has to be my favorite because Opal is simply adorable and it's endearing how Toot and Puddle just fawn over her.

This is also the book where I noticed how much care and thought Ms. Hobbie put into the facial expressions and movements of her characters (look at their little piggy smiles and gasps and you'll know exactly what I mean).

To own a piece of painted work by Hobbie (reprinted, true) is amazing enough but, that it's accompanied with such a delightful story is even more wonderful.



Author / Illustrator : Holly Hobbie
ISBN : 0316366331
Buy from Amazon : Charming Opal by Holly Hobbie

No comments:

Post a Comment